Sunday, November 11, 2012

C4T 3

For C4T #3, I posted on Becky Goerend's blog. She is a fifth grade teacher from Iowa who posts about different subjects regarding education, while also discussing things that take place outside of the classroom and relating them back to education. The first post of hers that I commented on talked about her spring garden. She was discussing the new items in her garden taking the place of the old. It was during the spring time, so there was a sense of "out with the old in with the new." She then offered a question to her readers that basically said "what do you want to get rid of, and what do you want to add to your life?" I commented on how I hope to change my study habits for the better. I hope to get rid of some of my old bad habits and become a better student.

The second post I commented on dealt with writing. She was talking about how students need examples as a way to improve their writing but not just one example of a good and bad essay. They need multiple examples in order to learn what good writing is. I commented that reading novels and stories is another way to understand quality writing. Regardless of where the examples come from, students definitely need a lot of them to improve their writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment