Sunday, December 2, 2012

C4T 4

My fourth C4T teacher was Bill Generoux. He is a college professor who blogs about the intersect of technology and the arts. His blog is one of the blogs I found most relevant to this class that I have read this semester, and I will definitely continue to read it on occasion in the future.

The first post I commented on was a post titled "Voice of Authority in Teaching." His main point in this post was to communicate the ways in which he tries to get students to become their own decision maker. He allows his classes to take shape organically and views himself as a guide in learning rather than an authoritarian of the classroom. One of his main goals in his classroom is to help students become independent learners that make their own decisions in their lives. I commented on how I appreciated this teaching method and hope to incorporate some semblance of it into my future classroom.

The second post that I commented on was a simple post about the nature of computers and the age-old adage: "garbage in garbage out." He illustrated this point by using a student's Youtube video as an example. The student had failed to use the correct search engine optimization therefore hurting the video's chance at views. I commented on this posts point of "garbage in garbage out," and I also appreciated the post for helping me with my future Youtube submissions.

1 comment: